Furqaan Recycling is a Project of Al-Furqaan Foundation.
Furqaan Recycling operates on a non-profit basis as a service to the community.
Religious obligation to respectfully dispose sacred text
We Muslims believe that the Quran contains the exact words of Allah, therefore the printed text itself should be treated with a great deal of respect. Proper handling of the sacred text should be disposed in a clean respectable way.
Children’s schoolbooks, magazines, fliers with ayahs of the Quran are often seen lying around and are thrown into the trash knowingly which is a sin. The words of Allah must be disposed of in a way that shows reverence to the holiness of the text.
Goal of this Project
Furqaan Recycling mission is to provide a solution to Islamic institutions, in a Shari’ah compliant way to dispose of sacred text and to enjoin Muslims in their duty as caretakers of the Earth. This is to ensure sacred text isn’t stepped upon, or thrown anywhere in unclean places.
To fulfill this mission, Furqaan Recycling offers the following solutions.
- Partner with Islamic Institutions, especially masajid, Islamic centers and Islamic schools to create a network of drop-off locations around the U.S for paper sacred text disposal.
- Partner with Islamic Institutions to provide a mailing solution for Arabic only Qur’an copies.
- Provide an avenue for all Muslims in the USA to mail Paper sacred text for disposal.
- Raise community awareness on safeguarding the environment and encourage recycling of plastics, metals, glass, etc. Offer general recycling solution to Islamic institutions.
- To provide an avenue to Muslims to “Recycle” used Islamic Books within the community. These books in usable condition will be provided to prison inmates, school libraries or will be sold with proceeds going to support Al-Furqaan Foundation’s non-profit missions.
What we recycle
Partner with Islamic Institutions, especially Masajid, Islamic Centers and Islamic Schools to Create a Network of Drop-off Locations around the U.S for Sacred Text Paper Disposal.
Arabic Only Quran Copies (Mushaf)
Arabic Only Quran copies (Mushaf) can be recycled by mailing to us. If possible, the Mushafs are repaired and recycled back to the community, especially to those in need, or are burnt if the copies cannot be fixed.
Quran with Translation
Qurans with translation or commentaries in different languages are not considered Mushafs and may be disposed in Furqaan Recycling Bins or mailed to us. We make a distinction between Arabic Only Quran and Quran with translations.
Printed Material with Quranic verse
Any printed paper material with Quranic verses or names of Allah, such as newspapers, postcards, flyers, completely destroyed books, magazines etc. should be disposed of in our Quranic Material Disposable Bins or mailed to us.
Please note that there is a charge of $1/lb of recyclable material at ALL locations
We only accept paper based products - no wood, Metallics, ETC. Paper products only.
Furqaan Recycling Islamic Bookstore Coming Soon
What do we offer to your Institution
Any printed material from newspapers, flyers, completely destroyed books, magazines, etc. that has Ayahs of Quran in Arabic or names of Allah in Arabic has to be discarded into this bin. When the bin is full, the management will inform us and we will schedule a pick up.
For additional bins & charges, please contact us.
Arabic Only Quran (Mushafs) and Islamic books that are not used or in reasonable condition can be sent to us via our website.
Books shipped to us will be sorted to be provided, within the community, to prison inmates, school libraries or sold with proceeds going to support Al-Furqaan Foundation’s non-profit missions.
- Recycling Bins at various masajid/school locations where
you can dispose of sacred text
- Direct mailing solution for your material.
- A charge of $1/lb required